EMS – Senior Desktop Engineer/Senior Technical Support Specialist (Onsite – Chicago)
Entisys360 is a Solutions and Managed Service Provider with years of experience in the technology industry. Entisys360 is currently in search of an Enterprise Managed Services (EMS) Senior Desktop Engineer. This position requires Service desk and Desktop technical knowledge, Customer service and interpersonal skills to ensure success for team and client. In addition to the above this position must demonstrate Entisys360’s EMS team values of Positivity, Professionalism, Employee & Customer focus and having an Entrepreneurial attitude in addressing day to day activities and issues.
About the Position:
Provides support for intermediate incident resolution and handles requests reported to the service desk. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution of basic incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and/or infrastructure components. Responsible for collecting information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff if needed. Problems beyond the scope of Desktop Engineer, Sr. ability or responsibility are resolved by engaging in a timely manner to Tier 3 support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Log incidents and requests using established categories and procedures.
- Follow up with other support staff to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the customer communication is complete.
- Document resolutions and update knowledge base.
- Address and resolve escalated incidents and requests from Tier I; log all incidents and requests; engage other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility.
- Mentor Tier 1 employees to allow for growth and first call resolution.
- Cross train with Tier 3 (Infrastructure) on Tier 2 systems administration tasks.
- Provide, maintain, and remove security privileges for users of Clients’ Systems.
- Assist with maintenance of customer service SLAs.
- Assist with staffing the phone queue during Critical/Peak times.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job, and perform special projects as requested by management.
Desired Skills, Abilities and Work Ethic
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn Client-specific applications and technology.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer s
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent listening ski
- Strong problem-solving, research, analytical and decision-making abi
- Proficient PC skills, including competency in MS Office Suite.
- Able to maintain excellent attendance and p
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Ensure satisfying end-to-end customer experience and provide a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve escalated iss
Critical Success Factor
- Strong oral and written skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet obligations in a timely manner
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of productivity with minimal management oversight
- Ability to travel and participate in daily onsite meetings with both Entisys360 clients and team members in all Entisys360 geographic regions and client locations
- Ability to travel distances of 100 miles or more per day to attend client meetings or other work-related activities
- Ability to sit in work related meetings for periods of 1 hour or longer
- Ability to work onsite at Entisys360 offices for a full 8-hour workday
- Ability to travel via airplane for periods of 1 hour or longer to attend work-related activities
- Ability to lodge overnight away from home for multiple days to attend work-related activities
Experience, Education & Certification
- Minimum 3 years of related experience providing higher level support of software and hardware related matters
- Managed Service Provider (MSP) experience is a plus
- A+and MCSA Certification preferred
- Prior customer service experience and competency in call center tracking tools preferred